Quiz: Is Your Transportation Management System Holding You Back?
If you’re trying to determine if 2021 is the year that you rip out your current transportation management system and start fresh, ask yourself these seven questions:
- Has our company grown significantly since we first implemented TMS, and is that system still in place?
- Are we constantly trying to bolt-on new solutions to our existing platform in an effort to eke more useful life and functionality out of it?
- Are we getting hit hard by transportation cost hikes because we don’t have the resources to be able to “shop around” for every load?
- Do we need instant access to the data, analytics, and reporting necessary for making good, fast transportation decisions?
- Do we want 100% visibility across our end-to-end supply chain?
- Is our current system so old that our software vendor stopped updating and/or supporting it years ago?
- And finally, are we missing out on the modern functionalities that today’s cloud TMS platforms offer?
If you answered “yes” to any or all of these questions, there’s a good chance that your TMS is holding you back, hurting your company’s productivity, and forcing you to pay more than you should be—both in money and time—for transportation. It’s also making you handle processes manually and virtual ensuring that you never extract the full value from your data, insights, and reporting.